Hollington Wood will be open all day (1000-1800) for our traditional ‘Bluebell Day’ on the early May Bank Holiday Monday, May 4th.
“We’d love to see you up in the wood this bank holiday, we’ve laid on some treats for you
The wood will be open 10am-6pm and we will be doing:
- Guided walks at about 11.30am & 2.30pm
- Bird-ringing (mostly in the morning but Nick may be persuaded to carry on into the afternoon);
- Bee observation hive with Jeff around to talk bee-keeping in the afternoon;
- Jess’s kids adventures at the bell tent all day;
- Admire the new privacy screen to our composting loos(!!!);
- Ro Bailey will be exhibiting his wonderful woodcraft;
- Our beautiful Indian firebowls and accessories will be on display and available to purchase on the day;
- Read/discuss/ comment on our new 10 year management plan;
- and, of course, wander and explore when the bluebells are at their absolute peak…
- Refreshments will include a wide variety of home-made/cooked fare (incl. nettle soup and primrose wine as long as it lasts) but more normal stuff like hot dogs and cakes will also be available;
Don’t rely on it but the weather even looks OK – mainly dry & bright they are saying – but it might be quite chilly and dodgy later in the afternoon.
Some Car Parking spaces still available but these need to be booked in advance (through Philip 07762 441275).
Absolutely no parking on the grass verge of the farm road please – it caused us a big problem last year!
We all look forward to seeing you up in the woods on Monday.”
Hollington Wood, Olney, Bucks, MK46 5JH