This page provides links to articles which members have submitted to share with others about what’s happening in our local area, from April 2020 to date.
- The joy of allotments and how I make mine wildlife-friendly – Jenny Mercer (8 February 2021)
- Duke of Burgundy Butterfly and Blue Lagoon LNR – Martin Kincaid (3 February 2021)
- Mistletoe – a seasonal favourite? – Mary Sarre (28 January 2021)
- Linford Lakes NR Moth Report for December, 2020 and Year End Summary – Gordon Redford (20 January 2021)
- Identifying a mystery fungus – Julie Lane (17 January 2021)
- Local wildlife summary – Autumn 2020 – Tony Wood (13 January 2021)
- Evolving your garden for wildlife – Joe Clinch (3 January 2021)
- Occupation in my swift box! – Sue Hetherington (28 December 2020)
- Linford Lakes NR Moth Report: November 2020 – Gordon Redford (6 December 2020)
- Autumn Jewels: Salcey Forest – Julie Lane (3 December 2020)
- A Praying Mantis in Freiburg – Corinna Spellerberg (21 November 2020)
- Publication by MKNHS member Bob Stott (6 November 2020)
- Moths at Linford Lakes NR: October 2020 – Gordon Redford 6 November 2020
- Long-eared Owl ringing at Linford Lakes – Amy Jerome, 5 November 2020
- Ivy Bees in Milton Keynes: an update – Martin Kincaid, 28 Oct 2020
- Linford Lakes NR Moth Report, September 2020 – Gordon Redford, 17 Oct 2020
- Bats in Churches – news from Newton Blossomville – Julie Lane (13 Oct 2020)
- The Bats in Churches project – get involved! – Sue Hetherington (28 Sept 2020)
- Ivy Bee in Oldbrook – Martin Kincaid, 28 Sept 2020
- Tony Wood has prepared a summary of Summer Wildlife around the area, based on the Recent Sightings page, and contributions from others
- A brief report and a video recording about her experience as a volunteers monitoring Bats in Churches, from Sue Hetherington
- An article by Alan Birkett on Autumn Trees, and why their leaves change colour.
- A report from Gordon Redford of his moth records in August in Linford Lakes Nature Reserve (his May, June and July reports are also available)
- An excellent chance to watch, from the comfort of your home, Gordon Redford and Ayla Webb emptying the moth traps at Linford Lakes NR on a damp and windy morning on 26th August.
- Chris Coppock’s lakeside reflection on the tribulations of identifying an Elephant Hawkmoth caterpillar
- A fascinating account of recording nocturnal migration of birds, from Harry Appleyard’s Tattenhoe garden
- News from Harry Appleyard of his sighting of a Lesser Emperor dragonfly in Tattenhoe Park – a new species for Milton Keynes
- Andy Harding’s unexpected success in luring Clearwing moths
- An item from Sue Hetherington about inviting nature in to her new garden.
- An encounter with stag-beetles near Totternhoe, with stunning photos, from Matt Andrews
- News of a new wildflower habitat at Stanton Low, and an entertaining account of cuckoo ringing at Linford Lakes Nature Reserve, from Martin Kincaid
- An update on John Prince’s work on Dormice in Little Linford Wood, with an appeal to anyone who’d like to get involved.
- A short piece on Andy Harding’s fascinating observation of a Buff Tip moth in his garden.
- Amazing photos of the inhabitants of Simon Bunker’s new pond.
- News of bees’ fondness for the Secret Bee Bush – Ann and Mark Strutton’s Cotoneaster.
- A video report of meadow saxifrage in Stony Stratford Nature Reserve, by Jenny Mercer.
Spring under lockdown
- Dawn Chorus walks in Olney’s river meadows – Julie Lane
- Wildife in Lockdown: Tattenhoe and Surrounding Areas – Harry Appleyard
- Life in a bubble in Gawcott, near Buckingham – Sue Hetherington
- Spring on Bury Common, Newport Pagnell – Ann Jones