Dear Bucks Geology Group members, the up and coming events at Great Linford are yet another way of looking at geology but in a slightly unusual manner; and a chance to explore a stone circle – an unusual feature of Buckinghamshire.
The BGG’s AGM this year will be held at the Art Centre Great Linford, and will be followed by a local walk.
– The AGM runs 1-1:30 – members and non-members alike are welcome to join us; there is then a linked event
– The walk runs 1:45 – 3:45pm. NB people who’d like to come on the walk but not the AGM are very welcome, the events are separate from that point of view, just sequential for those who wish to come to both.
For the main walk – If you fancy a gentle stroll with us to learn about the Jurassic Blisworth Limestone and its fossils through the building stones of Milton Keynes Arts Centre, St Andrews Church and Great Linford Stone Circle & Old Quarry; ending with a visit to MK Parks Trust’s Stone Pit field well known not only for its limestone surfaces but also wildflowers and insects.
For those who can’t open the attached flyer the key details are as follows:-.
- AGM only – Saturday 12th May 2018 1:00 – 1:30
- Following walk , same day running 1:45 – 3:45
- Approximately 2kmon mostly flat terrain (no big hills!) although in places the ground can be a bit uneven.
- Wellies and specialist footwear not needed but sturdy shoes / walking boots are advised. Obviously dress for the weather on the day.
- Meet at the Milton Keynes Arts Centre. Parklands (off Ledgers Drive), Great Linford. Milton Keynes. MK14 5ZD
- Members free; non-members £3
- If you’re planning to attend either or both events please let Mike Palmer know on 01296 325223 or email email@example.com
We look forward to some of you joining us on the day.
On behalf of the Bucks Geology Group
Environmental Records Centre Manager
Historic and Natural Environment Team
Transport, Economy and Environment
Buckinghamshire & Milton Keynes Environmental Records Centre
6th Floor, County Hall
Bucks HP20 1UY
Tel 01296 382431
Visit our website:http://www.bucksmkerc.org.uk/