• Reducing hedgerow trimming frequency benefits macro-moths and shrub/tree-feeders (all moths species combined).
• Abundance of four nationally-declining moth species was higher on hedgerows left untrimmed for at least three years.
• Increasing woodland amount and connectivity may enhance moth abundance and diversity.
• Arable fields adjacent to hedgerows may have a negative impact on hedgerow-dependent moths.
• Moth conservation in farmland requires a multi-scale management approach.
Click here to read the rest of the article.: Moth responses to sympathetic hedgerow management in temperate farmland – ScienceDirect