By a quirk of the calendar, this year’s May Day bank holiday falls as late as it could – on the 7th. Thanks in part to The Beast From The East, everything is a week or two late this year so the bluebells will still be at their peak by next Monday. Even the forecast is now looking great, after the final sting in winter’s tail this weekend!
Arrangements for the Open Day as normal –
- free access to all of the wood 10am-5pm
- parking on site £10 and must be pre-booked through me (not on the day please!)
- lots of refreshments and home-made goodies
- guided walks (11am & 2pm), children’s activities and target practice
- be ready for lots of mud (although I hope everything will have dried out nicely by then!).
For any last minute changes or updates see https://www.facebook.com/hollingtonwood/