The local branch of the RSPB is organising a trip to Poland 5 – 12 May 2018:
Collared Flycatcher, Hazel Grouse and Citrine Wagtail are just three of the exciting birds that we will look out for in this our second RSPB North Bucks Group foreign trip. Following our very successful trip to Extremadura earlier this year, I wanted to arrange something in complete contrast and yet just as rewarding for those of us who will go on this super journey.
It is not an RSPB holiday but has been designed exclusively for North Bucks Group members. No other parties will be with us.
Here are just some of the attractions to look forward to:
- Search for 8 species of woodpeckers including three-toed, white-backed black woodpecker
- Explore the primeval forests of Białowieza
- Chance of encountering European bison & elk
- Breeding aquatic warbler in the Biebrza Marshes
- Citrine Wagtail, white-tailed eagle migrating waders at Siemianówka Reservoir
- Watch lekking great snipe at dusk
- Black, whiskered & white-winged terns
- Look for pygmy owl at dusk
- Around 150 species of bird typically recorded
- The cost will be £1395 including pretty-well everything but, if twelve or more if us sign up, the cost will come down to £1295. If you would like a room to yourself, the single supplement will be just £195.
- Please ask me if you want any further information. If you’re reading this from an e-mail, you can click here for the full itinerary. Otherwise, I have printed copies which I can send to you. I’m on 01908 563006 or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
When you’re ready to book, contact Paul Stanbury at Naturetrek 01962 733051 or e-mail him at email@example.com and he will tell you what to do next.
You will need to be a member of the North Bucks RSPB Group, membership costs £6 a year. Click here to download a membership form. You do not need to be a member of the RSPB to join the North Bucks RSPB Group.
Photos by Peter Dunn and Naturetrek Limited