Dead whale had 40kg of plastic in its stomach

A young whale that washed up in the Philippines died from “gastric shock” after ingesting 40kg of plastic bags.

Marine biologists and volunteers from the D’Bone Collector Museum in Davao City, in the Philippine island of Mindanao, were shocked to discover the brutal cause of death for the young Cuvier’s beaked whale, which washed ashore on Saturday.

Source: Dead whale washed up in Philippines had 40kg of plastic bags in its stomach | Environment | The Guardian